Monday, August 27, 2007

Fantasy Balloon Ride!

















When I hit the alarm at 4:30 a.m. on Saturday morning, little did I realize what an experience I was about to have as my feet hit the floot. We were about to meet at The Limoneira Ranch before the sun came up. It seems that early in the morning is the best time for perfect air, according to our pilot, Steve Wilkinson. This photo is courtesy of Dan and Sue Harding from Pacific Images. They were there to capture this early morning event with us, and they were absolutely delightful!












Scott was happily grabbing his camera to snag shots of this breathtaking event for a promotional video by Insight Film & Video. I grabbed mine too, and shot the rest of the photos you see here. I was having the time of my life!















As we rubbed the sleepies from our eyes, the crew began to fire up the balloon with hot air and the giant sheath began to rise up.
















It was amazing. Everything was so calm and beautiful and before long the balloon was high in the sky.
















The video turned out fabulous, and Scott was having those goose-bump moments. The balloon hovered over the magnificent flowers and citrus orchards while we chased in vans with Cindy Wilkinson from
Fantasy Balloon Flights.














What a magnificent day! It all ended with a champagne toast, thanks to Cindy and Steve and their crew. We are going to be doing this again, but next time it will be INSIDE the balloon basket so we get a different perspective. I can hardly wait!!

No comments: