Thursday, December 20, 2007

Santa Paula Christmas Windows





It's hap-happiest time of the year! And the downtown merchants in Santa Paula are in a huge competition to decorate their windows for Christmas. The theme this year is "Planes, Trains & Automobiles." Scott and I were invited to be judges, so we took to the streets with our clipboards in hand and got busy.




This is Pamela's Tea Room, decorated with antiques that fit perfectly with the theme. I lost count of all the airplanes, and there were several trees heavy with ornaments of cars, trains and so pretty!



Of course the Santa Paula Flower Shop was just adorable with a giant teddy bear and vintage airplanes hanging from the ceiling. I feel like I've stepped back into the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" when I'm walking down the street.



Okay, Scott got a little carried away at the Ooh LaLa Boutique. I'm not sure what the red corset has to do with the theme, but he doesn't seem to mind.



Their other window was just darling! Santa's sitting in a metal car, with airplanes hanging all around. They even cut out snowflakes to hang in the window. So cute! I can hardly wait to find out who won. And this is only a few of over 20 participants. We had our espresso with us to keep toasty warm, although it isn't that cold. I'll keep you posted about the winner!

No comments: