Sunday, December 19, 2010

Boho Christmas Stocking

When you look at old doilies for projects, remember that you can always dye them like I did this Bohemian style ensemble for Christmas.  
I started out by gathering a few items that I love, like the crochet collar, 
the gloves and the crochet butterfly.  
My mom crocheted the collar way back in the day when we were all wearing sweatshirts that were embellished with these collars or with paint and appliques.  
kept mine all these years, and really didn't have a lot of use for it.  
She also crocheted several butterflies that at that time were perfect to sew several to a sweatshirt.  
Yes, we really did that!  (giggle) 
So, back to my story of how I did this.... Before I did the dying, I sewed the stocking together.  
Here is the tutorial in pics for you to sew your own:





 







 To see the project page and lots more Christmas projects, 
check out iLoveToCreate.com and 
come see me at PattieWack.com where there are videos and tons of fun.







No comments: