I hope you get lots of chocolate, kisses, and lots of love today.
Here's a 'lovely' idea for the day. When I designed this pillow, I thought the contrast of the burlap with the glitz would be nice. Fun textures enhance its appeal with the felt letters and jewels you add onto the stylish burlap fabric using Aleene’s® adhesives. It’s an accent piece you’ll love to have in any room in your home not just for Valentine's Day, but EVERY day.
- Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive
- Aleene's® Jewel-It Embellishing Glue™
- Black craft felt square
- Burlap fabric – ½ yard
- Assorted jewels and buttons
- Straight pins
- Jeweled Trim – 1 yard
- Black bias tape – 1 yard
- Cut two heart-shaped pieces from burlap fabric.
- Sew pieces together, edging with black bias tape and leaving approximately a 4” opening.
- Stuff pillow with fiberfill and sew opening closed at seam.
- Cut out “Love” letters and heart from black felt.
- Lay cut-out letters and heart onto pillow for placement.
- Use Aleene’s® Fabric Fusion™ to glue “Love” letters and heart to pillow. Pin in place until set.
- Use Aleene’s® Jewel-It™ to adhere jewels and jeweled trim around edge of pillow. Pin in place until dry.
- Use Aleene’s® Jewel-It™ to adhere jewels and buttons to heart shape. Pin in place until dry.