Monday, February 19, 2007

Surprise Birthday Crafts















Happy Birthday Chad!
I surprised my nephew during the Pattiewack-n-Crafts segment this morning on CBS Tulsa's Six In The Morning Show. Chad works as a Master Control operator, and he was shocked when he saw his head sticking out of a bouquet of flowers.
You can check out the project sheet at: Surprise Birthday







The crew at Channel Six looks pretty good
behind their Chad masks!

Click Here to Watch!
















There were gift bags with Chad face cut-outs, and little Chad faces poked into twinkies, hohos and cupcakes.

Click Here to Watch!












The prep for these party favors is suprisingly minimal, considering how much mileage you get from one single image. I found a funny photo of Chad on his myspace page and enlarged it in PhotoShop to an 8 x 10 to print from my computer. For the cupcake pokes, I printed out smaller images and after I cut them out, I taped them to long plastic picks.
You can check out the project sheet at: Surprise Birthday














For the banner, I cut out the faces and used spray adhesive to adhere them to colored paper, then taped yarn along the backs of the page to string across the set.

Click Here to Watch!












LeAnne Taylor is peeking from behind a Chad mask, and what a blast! They are so easy to make. Simply use spray adhesive to adhere the photos to cardstock, cut out, and then tape a large tongue depressor to the back. Don't forget to punch out holes in the eyes to see through. I used a pencil to make the holes.
You can check out the project sheet at: Surprise Birthday

No comments: