Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Eureka Murals!


Can you believe these murals??? Oh my gosh! We drove through Eureka, California on our road trip to Washington and were blown away when we saw the beautiful artwork displayed all over the buildings all over town. We took just a few pics and these are some of my favorites.

This clown's face was uncanny with detail. I felt as if the 20 foot gaze was staring straight at me! You can see the panels bolted to the building at the corners, which reminds you that it's not real.

If you squint, you can see the car at the far bottom left. (Oh, and you know you can click on the photos here and they will enlarge.) This gives some perspective of how large the entire piece of art actually is.

I play the piano, so the keys and the hands were especially intriguing to me. Check out the shadow of the guitarist wearing a hat! And the dancer in the foreground. Simply amazing!

We found this one by accident in an alley and the characters are all animals dressed up. Each one is gigantic, as you can see by by handicap parking spot. I loved it. We are planning to go back in March for a video shoot in Washington, and we just have to spend more time in Eureka, California.

No comments: