Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sewing Art


Faythe Levine is documenting the rise of DIY and the new wave of art, craft and design. Handmade Nation the book will be released by Princeton Architectural Press in November 2008 and the documentary with the same title will be released in 2009. The art being used to promote the release is fabulous! Check out the zipper, the spools of thread, a box knife, needles, buttons, scissors, thread, and beads.



Speaking of sewing notions, when I saw these on West Elm, I went crazy! We can make these! They are simply wooden boxes painted white, with stenciled icons of scissors, rulers, and a needle and thread. I'm a nut for organizing, and it's almost impossible to walk down the aisle at the discount stores without buying tubs and plastic boxes to hold all my craft stashes. Now I will have the perfect way to cram my sewing stuff into cute boxes that can sit anywhere. Who needs plastic when they can have cute?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am so making those boxes!!!!