Monday, October 19, 2009

Creepy Candlesticks


Well, maybe they're not that creepy, but these candlestick ARE another fun way to use those little mini pumpkins you can pick up at the supermarket.

If you're using a wooden plaque, you'll want to paint it black for the base. Next, drill a shallow hole the same size as the dowel, and glue the dowel into hole. Poke a hole through the pumpkins and stack them onto the dowel. Carve out the top pumpkin and place a tealight into the hole.

For the vase, fill it with styrofoam, cover it with moss, and shove the dowel rod into the foam. Then stack your pumpkins the same way, with the tealight on top.


I created a little bar-top tablescape with my creepy candlesticks and a tray full of peppers, gourds, some yummy vino and a couple of glasses just waiting for me and my hubby to start the party.

Cheers to all you Halloween lovers!

8 comments:

Margot Potter said...

You're so crafty, Ms. Pattie! Love this idea.

Cheers,
Madge

eileen hull said...

So festive! Thanks Pattie-love it :-)

Candace Jedrowicz said...

Amazing and gorgeous! I'm headed to the store right now to get some mini pumpkins!

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Very cute!
My kids always beg me to buy those mini pumpkins and I never know what to do with them after awhile.

Mel C said...

My mini-pumpkins usually just sit on the patio until they finally start rotting. This is a much better idea!

BrendaPinnick said...

What a nice idea for centerpieces! LOVE it! Thanks, Pattie!

Broken China Treasures said...

Hi there! I just stumbled onto your blog and don't remember how I got here but I'm so glad I did. I'm definitely adding you to my favorites and will be visiting frequently! I love all your crafty ideas and especially your man-a-kin!!

Melissa J. Lee said...

Nice! I love the little pumpkins, but I never know what to do with them.