Monday, October 12, 2009

Mummy Mannequin!
















Happy Halloween to all you ghouls and guys! I hope you’re busy making plans for a frightfully fun evening with your friends and families in a couple weeks.

I thought you might like to see some frightfully fun ideas I used to dress my house, AND my mannequin for a terrorific party.

First, I wrapped up my mannequin to look like a mummy! Yeppers, that's toilet paper and lace.

The eyeball looking out the window, looks pretty creepy, peeking out of the mummy wrappings. I had a ton of vintage lace from my mom, and wrapped it around the mummy to add a little texture. I promise you, that no vintage lace was harmed in the making, as I didn’t even cut it! That way I can take it off and use it on a sewing project. I think that some of the lace is probably 50 years old.






















I have a bouquet of Barbies in my home studio. I just KNEW they would come in handy for something, and yes! I wound bathroom tissue around them and turned them into Mini-Mummies! A little tacky glue holds them together.




































It didn't take very long to wrap the Barbies, and they turned out so cute! That's a plaster cast of Scott's hand holding onto one of the mini-mummies. I made it years ago, and I use it for a candle holder.


















I have a collection of body parts. Don't ask why, it might be the artist in me. I just love them. That's my hand with the finger pointing up. I use it for a bracelet holder.
















Here's what you need, to make your mummy:

I used two rolls of tissue, and a bunch of tape on the big mannequin mummy. I love how it turned out, and it was toooo easy! Our guests loved it, and I don’t think I’ll want to take it down after Halloween, especially after spending all that time to make. But, it was worth it.

We love fondue, too. I make two pots, one with cheese and one with chocolate. I always ask the girls to bring fruits and veggies. And I always ask the boys to bring wine and beer. Yummers.

The fondue recipes I love to share are below. I went online to get recipes, and then changed them up a bit to fit what we like to eat. You can do the same thing. We don't eat much meat, but I found these amazing sausages made with chicken and sun dried tomatoes. You can use whatever cheese you love in the cheese fondue, and whatever liqueur that you prefer in the chocolate, like amaretto or rum. I hope you enjoy yourself and be safe, and have fun planning your party.
Happy Halloween everyone!



















Killer Cheese Fondue
From the kitchen of: Pattie Donham-Wilkinson

2 - 8 oz. Pkgs. Cream Cheese, cut up in chunks
1 – Round of Brie Cheese, cut up in chunks
1 – Block of Gruyere Cheese, shredded
1 – Dark Lager Beer

Place cheeses in a large bowl, and pour the beer over the cheese, stirring it in. Melt slowly in the microwave, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon until melted. Pour into a fondue pot, and light the flame underneath to keep warm.
Serve with:

Sour dough bread chunks
Blanched broccoli
Sausage bites (pre-cooked)
Deglet Noor pitted dates
Honey crisp apples (our favorites)
Oh, and open a can of those crunchy fried onions to dip into, after you dip into the cheese, and prepare for your eyes to roll back in your head!


Death By Chocolate Fondue
From the kitchen of: Pattie Donham-Wilkinson

1 – 11oz. Pkg. Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate bits
1 – 11oz. Pkg. Ghirardelli milk chocolate bits
1/2 Pint Whipping cream
1/2 Cup Kahlua liqueur

Place chocolate bits in a large bowl, and pour the cream and liqueur over the chocolate, stirring it in. Melt slowly in the microwave, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon until melted. Pour into a fondue pot, and light the flame underneath to keep warm.
Serve with:
Marshmallows
Crushed graham crackers
Strawberries
Crushed nuts
Pineapple & Apple chunks
Shredded coconut

13 comments:

Margot Potter said...

What fun! Love all of the mummies and the recipes sound delicious! I bet you throw a heckuva party, Ms. Pattie!

Cheers,
Madge

Hollis said...

Oh Now I wish I had a spare mannequin lying around! THat would look great in the corner of my Halloween dining room! Thank you so much for the Fondue recipes. I have been trying to figure out what to do for my Halloween party and Fondue is Easy, tastes great and is fun! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Now that's a party! Mummies and Fondue...What else do you need?
xo
Silvia

Candace Jedrowicz said...

Way cool! I love the inside jokes!

Inspired at Home said...

This is the Pattiewack I know and love! You are so inspiring :)

Halloween hugs,

Tiffany

Kat, The Fearless Crafter said...

How perfectly creepy! Your recipes sound amazing!

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Ok,this made me giggle!
I love love love the mannequin!

Unknown said...

Wow, so much inspiration! The mannequin mummy is so creepy, I love it. And the cheese fondue....

Pattie Wilkinson said...

Hey thanks everybody! I'm thinking about dressing another mannequin as a witch.... whatcha think?

Melissa J. Lee said...

Brilliant idea (mannequins have such spooky potential)!

eileen hull said...

Wow Pattie- you have done it all. I must say I love the mannequin but my favorites are the Barbies. :-) Thanks for your entertaining stories.

Alexa said...

See, aren't you glad you joined in on Terrorific Tuesdays?

Kate said...

Not sure what to do first, mummify a mannequin or make a fondue. Actually, I know exactly what I am going to do....!