Thursday, November 29, 2007
The "Pattiewack Christmas Crafts Countdown" kicked off today
in Tulsa on the Six in the Morning Show at CBS, on Channel Six.
My idea was to make something quick and fun to display your Christmas cards, and this is reeeeallly quick. I found these cute rhinestone studded mugs at the 99 cents store, can you believe it? But you know, we all have a Christmas mug or 2 stuck behind dishes in our kitchen cabinet, and this is a great way to use them. Hey, you know this would also be fabulous for Father's Day, birthdays, or any occasion. Oh, how about fancy teacups? Oooooh, just one single wire in a cute little teacup would be DArling!
Here's the tutorial to make your own:
Christmas Card Holder
16 Gauge Floral Wire, 18” long
Needle Nose Wire Pliers
Plaster of Paris
Disposable Plastic Bowl
1. To measure, pour water into coffee mug, 3/4 full.
2. Pour the water into a disposable plastic bowl. Stir plaster into the bowl a little at a time, until it is thick like a milk shake. Set aside.
3. Bend 5 wires into coils with needle nose pliers. Bend a crook into the other ends of the wires.
4. Place the crooked ends of all 5 wires into the center of the plaster. Tape into place until the plaster has completely set.
5. Discard the tape and spread out the wires to complete.