Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Scrumptious colors of yarn can transform your hand crochet or knitted scarf into a snazzy scarf that would be a gorgeous gift for someone on your Christmas list. I had a blast designing this one, and the most fun was making the funny tasseled ends. I tied them on with bows! And they are shaggy, cute and most important, easy. Here's how I did it:
Posh Pompom Scarf
Follow the project sheet instructions for your favorite crochet or knit scarf.
Additional Pompom Instructions:
Red Heart Soft Yarn, 4422 Tangerine
Red Heart Soft Yarn, 4420 Guacamole
Red Heart Soft Yarn, 9518 Teal
Small size Pattiewack™ Pompom Tool
Small size Pattiewack™ Tassel Tool
1. Make 4 Tangerine pompoms, on the 1” step of the Pattiewack™ pompom tool, winding 50 times and tying with 8” of yarn.
2. Make 4 Guacamole pompoms, on the 1-1/2” step of the pompom tool, winding 55 times and tying with 8” of yarn.
3. Make 4 Teal pompoms, on the 2” step of the pompom tool, winding 60 times and tying with 8” of yarn.
4. Tie the pompoms onto the scarf, using the photo as a guide if desired.
5. Make 4 Teal tassels, on the 2-1/4” step of the tassel tool, winding 30 times and tying the tops with 12” of yarn.
6. Make 6 Guacamole tassels, on the 1-3/4” step of the tassel tool, winding 40 times and tying the tops with 12” of yarn.
7. Make 8 Tangerine tassels, on the 1-1/4” step of the Pattiewack™ tassel tool, winding 50 times and tying the tops with 12” of yarn.
8. Tie the tassel onto the ends of the scarf into bows, using the photo as a guide.