Thursday, February 7, 2008

I'm BACK!


Whew! It seems like I’ve been gone a year, my gosh! The After Party in Tulsa was absolutely dreamy. My huge family was there, and we got to celebrate to our heart’s content. As you can see, the rich colors at Lola’s at The Bowery were the perfect backdrop for the flowers, the favors, and my ruby red dress. I gathered the most vibrant colored roses and tied luscious green bows onto each stem. I held them together in my arms while my Daddy read a poem and a blessing over us, and then gave them to the significant women in my life, which are my Mom and my Auntie Mary Lou, and my daughters Tricia and Stacey, and then to my granddaughter Lacricia.

We had the most incredible raspberry cake you ever wrapped your lips around, and Lola blew us away with her delicious spinach dip with flat breads, fruits and cheeses and all sorts of yummy finger foods. Oh, and the coffee and chocolate favors we made for everyone were a big hit.

Scott and I danced to a few tunes and of course had to dip at the end. So cheese-waddy and fun. I had to hem my dress up about 2 inches since I’m such a shorty. I think it turned out okay.

Instead of a guest book, we had our guests sign a red lacquer tray with well wishes. I had gold, copper, and silver Krylon paint pens for painted perfection. There were some pretty creative things written on there, and even a couple of sketches. Too fun!

Our photographer, Laura Hahn, was incredible the way she documented every little thing. She took us outside for some great pics with the Tulsa skyline in the background. Scott was his usual sneaky-pants.

My Mom and Dad gave us the ultimate gift. A handmade quilt made especially for us! (If you click on the pic you will get a better look.) I have been wanting a black and white quilt for the longest, and they seized the opportunity to make it special. They run a little quilt studio, Pearl’s Quilts out of their home at Grand Lake. I can’t wait to curl up under this gorgeous quilt, and every time I do, I’ll think of them, and the love they poured into this priceless gift.

Tricia and Stacey were so pretty and we got a nice group hug. They especially liked Scott’s funky hat that belonged to his grandfather. Pretty snazzy, Scott!

Lola had the Cutest bride and groom in the window, and gave us a gift of miniature dolls just like the ones in the window. How cool is that?

I had the best day ever, with family and friends, food and fun, and Scott.

1 comment:

Joan Martin Fee said...

Pattie,

I wish I could have been there!!! You and Scottie looked GORGEOUS! LOVED the quilt!!!

See you in a couple of days!!!

Joan