Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fresno Etsy Chicks


What a group! The Fresno Etsy chicks invited me and Kathy Cano Murillo to their meet-up tonight at the Red Robin. We caused quite a stir with Alexa Westerfield who is the amazing blogger at Swell Designer. We swapped bizness cards and discussed the plethora of marketing ideas for designers to get published, licensed, and sell our designs. Kathy gave us some great tips for organized a maker fair and ways to write about crafting. With this core group there are jewelry makers, pet fashionistas, custom costumers, felt makers, knitters, bloggers, and more! I know, I don't have an Etsy Store yet, so they made me an honorary member/craft consultant. Isn't that nice? I really do plan to open a store, seeing how that I have tons, tons, tons of supplies and designs filling up space in my garage. It's time to get busy and jump on the Etsy train.

No comments: