Sunday, August 9, 2009
I found some paperback romance books at the antique store in Clovis this weekend, and it reminded me of this pretty necklace I made using the in jet shrink plastic in my online Pattiewack Store. You will just love how fun this is to make, and it's a real conversation starter.
PattieWack Ink Jet Shrink Plastic
Ink-Jet Printer, Scanner, Computer
Romance Novel Book Cover(s)
Hole Punch, Scissors Wooden Tongs
Clear Embossing Ink, Clear Embossing Powder
1/4 inch Gold Jump Rings
22 Gauge Gold Artistic Wire
Wire Cutters, Needle-nose Pliers
1/4 Inch Organdy Ribbon (36 inches)
1. Scan book cover,reduce color saturation until colors are pastel. Reduce size to 3x2 inches.
2. Print the image with ink-jet printer, onto PattieWack Ink-Jet Shrink Plastic. Let dry.
3. Cut out the image, and punch hole in the center top and center bottom of pendant.
4. Shrink the pendant with a heat gun, holding the pendant still with wooden tongs, and keeping it from curling. Heat until the pendant is flat. Use the tongs to help flatten the pendant.
5. Tap embossing ink gently onto the pendant, then cover with embossing powder. Heat with heat gun to melt the powder. Do not overheat.
6. Add jump rings to top and bottom of pendant. Add wire and beads to the bottom of the pendant.
7. Thread ribbon through the top jump ring to complete necklace.