Looking for a stocking stuffer that you can't find in the department store?
Everyone will love to get a set of soaps with their photo on the front, or with cute Christmas stickers, and then placed into matching pillow boxes. These snazzy soaps are the perfect stocking stuffer, and are great for a quick craft that says, “I made it myself!”
The soaps I made are with my family pics. I printed them on my computer in black & white, so that the color of the packaging would be showy in Christmas colors.
And notice in the instructions that I used an old electric wok that I picked up at a garage sale to make a double boiler for melting the wax! It's perfect for putting about an inch of water in and then putting the wax in a tin pie plate for dipping the soap into. Of course, you could also use any old pan on the stove, and place your wax in a coffee can and get the same results.
Oh, and the Aleene's Original Tacky Glue Sticks are great for sticking the pics to the soaps. But, they are also great for wrapping gifts, making gift tags, and for adding a cute pic, glitter, or paper snowflakes to your Christmas cards.
White Bars of Soap (I used Ivory)
Photo Copies of Pics
Household Paraffin Wax (from the grocery store in the canning supplies)
Double Boiler (or electric wok)
Tin Pie Pan
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue Stick
- Carefully carve off the soap's brand name with a sharp knife.
- Cut out photos and glue to soap with glue stick.
- Place a tin pie pan in the wok. Lay 2 chunks of paraffin wax in the pie pan. Pour water into the wok just until the pie pan floats above the bottom of the pan. Heat the wok on LOW and as soon as the wax melts, turn the heat off. (Never leave unattended.)
- Grab the sides of the soap with tongs and dip with the photo face down into the wax, about 1/4 of an inch. Repeat a couple of times for a smooth surface. Lay soap aside until the wax becomes firm.
- Tie with a bow, or place in a pillow box and you're ready to stuff a stocking or two.
Be sure and make lots, because everyone will want one. These are fabulous to give to peeps in the office, and they are great teachers gifts, too!
So, there you have some snazzy soaps for stocking stuffers. (Say THAT really fast 3 times!)
Have A CRAFTY Christmas!
p.s. You'll find lots of Christmas Craft Tips at:
Pattiewack Crafty Tips