Sunday, November 8, 2009

Wild Thanksgiving for Two!


I'm thinking about Thanksgiving, which is less than 3 weeks away. Can you believe it? It will just be Scott and I, since my family is in Oklahoma and his is in Washington and we have a couple of trips planned for the holidays. So.... I decided to get WILD with it.

I found 2 placemats at the discount store in a sort of sage green, but they were just tooooo plain. So I grabbed my Aleene's Fabric Fusion and some animal print felt to add a little style to the otherwise plain-jane placemats. In fact, I already had the animal print in my fabric stash, and since I only needed a little bit, it was perfect.

Cutting the corners off the fabric was easy with a rotary cutter, and I measured 3 inches from the point of each triangle to cut it. Then I glued the corners into place. It looks great because the border seam makes them look inset.

You can dress up placemats that you already have, with corners cut from your fabric scraps, or cut the corners off of napkins that coordinate and create an entire Thanksgiving table for your family. Or maybe all you need is Thanksgiving for Two, like us!

No comments: