Monday, October 4, 2010
My morning coffee will taste great in this scary mug with a bony grip. If you want to make your own, look no further than this Duncan Oh Four™ Bisque Geometrix Mug Tri-Handle. Rely on the Concepts® Underglaze for Bisque and Majolica colors for a gripping good time anytime of the year.
– Duncan Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica
CN 244 Really White
CN 253 Dark Black
– Dinnerware Bisque Designs
21786 Geometrix Mug Tri-Handle 5" x 5" x 3"
– Signature Brushes
SB 806 No. 6 Round, SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze, SB 808 No. 4 Round
– Pure Brilliance® Clear Glaze
– Graphite paper
– Patterns (Click here for pattern)
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
2. Place graphite paper around mug with pattern over it. Trace over lines with pencil.
3. Pour puddle of Really White on foil. Using No. 6 Round brush, apply 3 coats of Really White on skeleton hand. Let dry after each coat.
4. Pour a good amount of Dark Black on foil. Using Fan Glaze brush, apply 3 coats of Dark Black inside cup. Let dry between coats.
5. Using No. 4 Liner brush, apply Dark Black between fingers and joints.
6. Using Fan Glaze brush, apply 3 coats of Dark Black to fill in remainder of mug. Let dry after each each.
7. Stilt and fire to cone 06.
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!