Thursday, October 14, 2010
Would you believe this cute banner is made from a black t-shirt? Whether you’re making it for your front door, your office cubicle, or your Halloween party, it will be terrific when you turn out the lights, because the 3-D paint GLOWS in the DARK!
BOO-ti-ful Spirits BannerDesigned by Cheryl Ball
Materials:– Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive
– Tulip® Craft Mat™
– Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint™ Value Packs and Sets
10 pack Glo
– Ribbons – assorted colors desired
– Paper towels
– White chalk – sharpened to a point
– Straight pins
– T-shirt – Black – XL
– Patterns (click here)
1. Cut out banner pattern then pin to double layer of black T-shirt. Cut out then repeat step creating a total of four pennants.
2. Flip over design pattern. Using white chalk, lightly draw over pattern lines holding up to window if needed to see lines.
3. Position first pattern, chalk side down, on first fabric pennant and hold in place. Press fingers along pattern lines to transfer design to fabric. Repeat with all designs and pennant pieces.
4. Place fabric pennant on Craft Mat – it will prevent paint from seeping through to work surface and is easy to clean. Test flow of paint on paper towel using an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Starting with first pennant, outline each section then fill in with color shown, applying an even coating. Use a straight pin to pop any bubble that may form. Carefully slide off Craft Mat and let dry. Repeat for remaining three pennants.
5. Measure and cut a 6-ft. length of ribbon for hanger. Center pennants along ribbon spacing approximately 4” between and leaving longer tails at each end. Apply a thin bead of Fabric Fusion on ribbon, position banner section in place and press to secure.
6. Using ruler on Craft Mat, measure and cut 8” sections from ribbons, cutting enough for about four ribbons between each pennant and at ends. Tie around long hanger ribbon as shown.
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!