Sunday, October 31, 2010
31 Days of DIY Halloween - Pumpkin Mummy
Isn't this cute Mummy pumpkin by my friend Cheryl Ball to die for (or should we say to DIY for)? Whahaha! If you are wanting to do a scary/spooky pumpkin that is still kid-friendly, then this one is for you! This pumpkin project will definitely be one that you'll get so wrapped up over making!
– Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint™
65130 True Red
– Aleene's® Fast Grab™ Tacky Glue
– Craft foam – white, black
– Low-tack masking tape
– Paper towels
– Gauze – 1 yard
– Plastic bugs
1. Use pencil to draw two oval eye shapes onto white craft foam then cut out.
2. Start 3D Fashion Paint on paper towel using an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Paint a black circle in centers of foam circles, True Red veins to edges then White highlights on black. Let dry.
3. Draw and cut a triangular nose and mouth shape from black craft foam.
4. Use Fast Grab to glue face pieces in place as shown, using small pieces of tape to hold in place until dry if needed.
5. Cut gauze into 2” wide strips by the length of gauze. Add a dot of glue to one end then press to back of pumpkin. Start wrapping strip around pumpkin, adjusting around facial features as shown. Glue on more strips as needed to cover pumpkin. Wrap stem then tie knot with ends.
6. Use True Red to create “cuts” and “drips” where desired. Let dry.
7. Glue bugs in place and let dry.
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!