I totally want these in my bathroom and I'm hoping my guests will scream with delight over these Halloween towels! Turn ordinary towels into freakishly fun room accents with ribbon, felt and a little pizzazz from Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint™ and Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™.
Terrifyingly Terrific Towels
– Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive
– Tulip® 3D Fashion Paint™ in 65038 Black
– Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™ in 23123 300 Clear Pack
– Felt – colors to match towels
– Sewing machine with black thread
– Satin ribbon – black – 1½” wide – 1 yard per towel
– Pinking shears
– Paper towels
– Tulle – black – ½ yard
– White chalk sharpened to a point
– Towels – desired Halloween colors
– Sewing pins
1. Cut a 6” wide length from tulle. Double over, creating several layers and holding with pins as needed. Use machine to sew two rows of gather stitches down center. Gather up fabric to fit across one end of towel then pin in place on towel to secure.
2. Center ribbon right side up over gather stitches on tulle then sew through all layers down both sides of ribbon.
Measure and cut a 2½” x 2¾” piece from each color of felt using pinking shears to cut out. Use chalk to draw desired letter in center of felt as shown. Start flow of Black Slick paint on paper towel using an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Fill in each letter with a thick, even line of paint. Let dry.
3. Squeeze a thin bead of Fabric Fusion onto back edge of felt piece, smooth with fingers then press into a different color of felt as shown. Let dry then use pinking shears to trim excess felt, leaving a ¼” or so border showing.
4. Apply glue to back of felt piece, center over ribbon and center of towel then press in place. Repeat step with remaining towels. Let dry.
5. Squeeze a small puddle of Fabric Fusion onto foil. Working in sections at a time, use toothpick to add a small dot of glue for each crystal. Touch top of crystal with tip of crayon and position into glue – it will hold it just long enough to transfer crystal in place on glue. Repeat along length of ribbon on each towel as shown. Let dry.