Saturday, August 18, 2007

Fun, Fun, Fun



Can you say, smooooth jazz, crazy crafts, friendly people, and tons of fun? Well, all I can say is amazing, cool and exciting, because that’s what the Hot Summer Jazz and Art Show was last night in downtown Santa Paula. Rochelle Margolin did a fantastic job wrangling the event, and everyone had a fabulous time.



There were people everywhere! Good thing we got there before the crowd to set up, because it never did get slow. I brought a stack of my new “Crafter's Guide to Glue” books, and sold out!



One of my favorite peeps, Peggy Kelly showed up and I got her picture before she could run away. This gal is the hottest newspaper reporter around here, and I can’t wait to see what she writes every time I open the Santa Paula Times.



The Grooveheads and Bryan McCann were just unbelievable. Their smooth jazz was perfect for the event, and drew a big crowd. By the end of the evening there were about a dozen couples dancing and a little “pda” goin’ on.



My main man, Scott is the dude that makes me look good. I don’t know what I’d do without him helping load and unload, and giving me the goof.



I made lots of new friends like these two gals. Those flower covered chairs got lots of attention, and all of my one-of-a-kind designs brought everyone in to take a lookie-loo.



And to think it all started with my little sketch. I ended up not bringing the little round table, and it’s a good thing because it was too crowded with people.



At the end of the evening we packed up and headed across the street to the Mupu Grill, our favorite hang. Had a nice cool glass of chardonnay and a bite to eat. What a great day. Many thanks to all of you!

No comments: