Saturday, October 18, 2008

Interview with New York Daily News!




You can be on the look out for an interview I did this week with The New York Daily News for Jean Chatzky, the popular news columnist with a daily column called Your Money. She also the author of "Make Money, Not Excuses" and hosts a daily show on "Oprah & Friends" on XM Radio, and is the financial editor of NBC's "Today"show.

So, I know you're thinking, why would Jean Chatzky be interested in ME? I know! Well, she wanted to get some crafty expert advice on what parents could do with their kids for Halloween on a budget.

And man, I loved it! Her assistant Arielle and I chatted on and on about all the ideas I had. First, I told her my ideas for some funny costumes, and then about how to get umbrellas at the dollar store and make Monster Umbrellas. Not only are they great for mom and dad to hold on a rainy Halloween night, but they would make fabulous and fun party decorations if you hang them from the ceiling for a sensational and cheap way to make a huge impact in a room!




You can find the instructions and patterns for these fun Monster Umbrellas on Pattiewack.com. I would love to hear from you, about your ideas, too. I'll let you know when the interview is posted on The New York Daily News, and you'll find out some cute things you can for Halloween on the cheap.

3 comments:

Joan Martin Fee said...

You go girlfriend!!! How fantastic and you're the perfect person for the interview with all your crafty ideas!

Love you!
Joan

Pattie Wilkinson said...

Aww, Joan....you are such a sweetie. I was totally blown away when they called me. I just hope they give all the fun ideas we talked about. After all, Halloween is one of my MOST favorite events!

Anonymous said...

awesome news...congrats!