Monday, September 7, 2009

Repurposed Plant Hanger


What do you do when you have a plant hanger on a pot that you don't want to hang?

I turned mine into a curly-Q hanger!

My good friend and amazing artist, photographer, and graphics designer Robyn Craxton, made this fabulous wall hanging as a going away present when we moved 3 months ago from Nashville to iLoveToCreate in Fresno. She asked 12 of our closest friends to write on the backs of these vintage style postcards, and then she put grommets and jump rings on them to group them together. I LOVE it! Robyn put velcro hangers at the top, but I've been shopping around for something cool to hang it with. Sooooo.... today when I bought plants for the house, it hit my creative nerve when I saw the plant hanger.

Here's a little tutorial for my DIY Wire Hanger:







Thanks Robyn, and all the gang in Nashville... I miss all of you....

By the way, Robyn also has a cute little ETSY Shop called Robyn Ruth you'll love to browse.

No comments: