Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Banners Of Hope - Promoting the Healing Art of Crafting

Pattie Wilkinson

A display of “Banners of Hope” Project banners was created by CHA designers and displayed at the CHA 2014 Show.  The banners were donated to the “Charity Wings” www.charitywings.org outreach program for their charity promotional event, held January 15-16, 2014, to be broadcasted on the web.  The banners will also be used by the Charity Wings traveling exhibit to promote the healing art of crafting

I loved making my Banner of Hope.
First I used masking tape to make chevron stripes and then painted it with Tulip Soft Paint in Sunflower.  After it dried I peeled away the tape and wrote "Never lose hope" with Tulip Puffy Paint. It took 2 or 3 hours to dry after that, and then I cut out felt flowers and glued to the banner with Fast Grab Tacky Glue.  Of course, it simply HAD to have at least one pompoms, so I made a quick yarn pompom with the Pattiewack Pompom Tool and glued it onto the big felt flower.  To finish the cuteness I tied some yarn bows and glued them in the centers of 3 of the felt flowers.  

I am happy that Charity Wings will be hanging it somewhere that will bring a little glimmer of hope to someone.  But I have to say that I really enjoyed the fact that I was part of a fabulous group of Designers through the Fabric Arts Council.  If you were on of the designers, I just want to say thanks for including me!  

Here are just a few of the dozens of banners created by designers and 
people who want to share hope:











No comments: