This sleek icon of the holiday is accented with Dark Black Concepts™® and Dark Purple highlights, and bright French Dimensions™ candy corn. What a treat!
– Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica
CN 253 Dark Black
CN 263 Dark Grape
– Signature Brushes
SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze
SB 808 No. 4 Round
– French Dimensions™
FD 258 Pure White
FD 265 French Straw
FD 266 French Papaya
FD 269 French Plum
– Clear Glazes
IN 1001 Envision Clear Glaze
– Sponge, dampened
– Duncan mold; A Cat DM 2304
– Carbon Paper
– Contact® Paper
– Foil Paper
– Patterns (click here for pattern)
Instructions:1. Clean greenware, using TL 401 Cleanup tool. Smooth ware with damp sponge. Fire to shelf cone 04.
2. Remove dust and condition ware, using dampened sponge.
3. Trace letters on Contact Paper, using carbon paper and pencil. Cut out with scissors.
4. Remove paper backing from Contact Paper. Press letters down on cat to avoid lifting.
5. Apply 3 coats of CN 253 Black to entire cat, using SB 807 #6 Fan Glaze, leaving spine of cat, inside of ears, eyes and all curves blank. Let dry between coats.
6. Apply 2 coats of CN 263 Dark Grape to all other areas that were left blank, using SB 808 #4 Round. Let dry.
7. Remove letters. Outline with FD 266 French Papaya.
8. Add candy corn using FD 266 French Papaya, FD 265 French Straw and FD 258 Pure White by squeezing out paint one color at a time in shape of candy. Refer to photo for placement. Let dry.
9. Add random dots on background, using FD 269 French Plum. Let dry completely.
10. Apply 2 coats of IN 1001 Clear Glaze to letters and 1 coat to remainder of cat, using SB 807 #6 Fan Glaze.
11. Let dry. Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.
Craft on! Click here for today's daily giveaway!
Post a Comment